Star Trek : New Voyages
ST:NV have announced that Jack Marshall and Ethan Calk have written a movie, a two hour presentation, which will be filmed in 2007 depending on finance.
This has caused them to change their filming schedule which was for filming of both Episodes 3 and 4 this coming September. They still plan to film #3, the Fontana "webisode" in September as planned (March 2006 release) however #4, the Trevino/Calk script, will not be filmed until 2006.
To fill in the gap until the release of ep. 3 they have decided to release a series of ten minute "vignettes" (as reported by Jack Marshall on the New Voyages Forum
...beginning in late October of this year, and every 4 to 6 weeks after that...The Vignettes will run about 10 minutes each and feature characters from STNV. Currently there are 5 vignettes in pre-production. They include:An ambitious and innovative idea for keeping public interest up whilst waiting between episodes.
- "Center Seat" written by Erik Korngold, featuring DeSalle and Sulu.
- "Review" written by Jeffrey Quinn, featuring Spock and Chekov.
- "Co-Pilots" written by Jack Trevino and Ethan Calk, featuring Rand and DeSalle.
- "No Lesson Complete" written by Erik Korngold and Ethan Calk, featuring McCoy, Uhura and Chapel, with technical advice from Denise & Michael Okuda.
- "Change of Command" written by Erik Korngold, featuring (I'm gonna leave this as a surprise).
They will all be directed by Erik “Gooch” Goodrich, currently the 2nd Unit Director ...who shot all the Barbara Luna and Malachi Throne scenes for “In Harm’s Way”. Gooch will be filming these while [Jack Marshall will be] filming the Fontana webisode...